Saudi-based Raghadan Paint Company, which is considered one of the largest Arab paint companies in the GCC region, will be introducing its new range of anti-bacterial paints, anti-humidity exterior coatings and building materials finishes, besides showcasing its innovative decorative special effects at the Big 5 show (stand MC94) this month.
Established in Riyadh in 1974, Raghadan has been successfully operating in the paints business for around 35 years within the kingdom and the Arab world and it today considered one of the top five paints companies in the GCC.
The company has recently expanded its factory to produce a new line of construction finishes, including adhesives and grouts for tiles and ceramics, cracks and joints fillers, roof and floor coatings, ready-coloured cement finishes, and other building materials finishes.
Specialising in decorative paints, Raghadan has been instrumental in delivering the latest creative decorative paint styles and techniques to the region for the last three decades.
Says Dr Hisham Ali, sales and marketing director: “Raghadan is a pioneer in creating and introducing the latest trends and techniques in decorative paints, offering complete solutions for stylish wall interior décor and environment-friendly finishes.
“We have been providing these latest decorative paints styles and techniques in coordination with Colorificio San Marco of Italy, which is renowned for its special and marble effect paints in Europe.”
Raghadan has four paint factories and six paint companies located in Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Qatar, Jordan, Egypt and the UK, with 15 branches, 20 agents and more than 500 authorised distributors in the Arab world. It has a workforce of around 1,000 employees and boasts of a total manufacturing and warehousing space of 100,000 sq m.
In a bid to reinforce its position in the market, the company has drawn up plans to further expand in the region.
“Raghadan is considered to be the largest Arab paint company in terms of its distribution network and we aim to continue to be a leader in the Arab world, serving the people in our region to their full satisfaction by providing the best quality at the best price with the best service,” comments Ali. “With this in mind, we will expand our manufacturing facilities to create unique products, and establish more showrooms in other locations within Saudi Arabia, the Middle East and Africa.”
It activities span the complete circle of the paint business, from manufacturing, selling, distribution, exports, imports, designing, as well as application and supervision of paints.
Besides its own products, the company is also a leading importer of paints from various well-known international suppliers such as Akzo Nobel (Levis), Europe’s leading brand, Kansai Paint, the top Japanese brand and one of the top 10 worldwide, and Italy-based Vernici Milesi, which produces quality polyurethane (PU) wood varnishes, in addition to Colorificio San Marco.
In decorative paints, the company has recently introduced to the market the following products:
• Velvet: a velvet decorative-effect coating, available in an attractive range of shades and used for interior surfaces to create luxurious warm walls. “Using a combination of special-effect additives, Velvet transforms plain walls into vibrant three-dimensional surfaces,” says Ali.
• Atoshinto: a decorative coating that offers a special Pearl effect. Says Ali: “Atoshinto is a pearly compound that gives the wall a permanent aesthetic touch inspired by the beauty of precious stones. Available in various colours that are considered ideal for internal and external use, it is distinguished by its high performance and diverse application.”
• Fresco: A matt wavy effect for walls. A versatile product, it can be applied using a variety of tools to transform plain walls into attractive warm finishes with varying degrees of depth. Fresco is easy to apply and allows the user to create innovative patterns and effects and states the company.
• Raghadan glaze: A high-performance, slow-drying oil glaze, designed for interior application to obtain special effects such as marbling, glazing, colour-washing and other decorative effects.
• Stucco Veneziano: A decorative mineral wall coating for classic decoration which creates a marble effect on interiors walls.
• Marmorino: It is a strong decorative marble-effect paint for exterior applications offering high weather resistance.
• Riflessi: A decorative special-effect pearl coating for interior use, available in various colours and patterns to suit different tastes.
• Aquasil: This classic special-effect decorative paint for exteriors and interiors is durable and washable. A unique product from San Marco, it comes in both matt and pearl effects, and is highly resistant to water and the rigours of the climate, states the company.
Ali is optimistic of a bright future ahead for Raghadan, given the number of large projects such as the five economic cities planned for various parts of Saudi Arabia.
In the past, the company has successfully executed major projects in Saudi Arabia and the Arab world including palaces for the Royal family of Saudi Arabia, prestigious private villas and palaces, hotels and hospitals, and also major projects for the public sectors.