Geberit, a leading European sanitary ware and fittings specialist, says its Sigma actuator plates combine visual elegance with innovative functions, giving architects, designers and specifiers endless options for enhanced design flexibility in the washroom.
The Sigma series is now offered in a range of new, fashionable metal colours, boosting the user’s choice in expressing his individual style while providing a defining luxury finishing touch to the bathroom.
“Selecting the right design options for a bathroom means ensuring that individual nuances are perfectly coordinated,” says Gabriel Nassar, Managing Director of Geberit’s Representative Office Gulf. “Geberit’s actuator plates in new, fashionable metal colours are the perfect match for the latest trend in taps, while actuator plates made of glass, concrete-look solid surface materials or the natural mustang slate and black walnut options blend harmoniously into almost any décor style. These new finishes join existing colour options, including white gloss chrome, black gloss chrome, matt chrome, gloss chrome and brushed stainless steel.
Some to the newer colour options available include:
- Red gold: With its intense copper tone, red gold exudes a sense of warmth in bathrooms and makes a strong statement when combined with luxury surfaces in light or dark shades, he points out.
- Black chrome: The subtle elegance of black chrome is the perfect complement to the dark colours and sharp contrasts between light and dark featured in today’s bathrooms.
- Brass: The classic golden tone of brass is experiencing a true renaissance and adds a touch of glamour to any bathroom, according to Nassar.
- Chrome: “This classic choice of metal for the bathroom reveals a completely new aspect when glossy matt brushed elements are paired with on-trend plate materials,” he says.
- Black on black: With black now popular in the bathroom, Geberit’s pure interpretation features a stimulating interplay of glossy and matt elements.
- White on white: Refined matt and glossy surfaces reveal a different side to this classic choice for bathrooms, while design rings and stripes maintain a tone-in-tone look and create subtle accents.
The Sigma range also comprises frameless designs that can be customised to offer a bespoke, customer-specific actuator.
In addition, Geberit flush actuator plates provide comprehensive elegant options in rectangular, round or touchless design to further boost the choice available for customers, he adds.
Apart from aesthetics, the flush actuators come with many intelligent functions, according to Nassar. “When looking for hygiene and freshness without compromise, choose a touchless actuator that operates automatically when the user leaves the WC (water closet) or by a hand motion near the visible IR (infrared) sensor,” he explains.
Complementing these actuators is the Duofresh odour extraction unit which can be easily installed in any Geberit Sigma cistern and can be combined with almost any actuator plate from the Sigma range, offering innovative odour extraction and air purification, thus ensuring unpleasant smells are efficiently and swiftly extracted.
In addition to aesthetics and functionality, Geberit also ensures that durability and reliability are as much a part of its products as is good design, so that it customers enjoy their selection for years to come.
“The convenience of flushing WCs continues to be offered from behind the wall. All that remains visible is the interface with the technology: the actuator plate that best suits the bathroom from the extensive range of options offered,” Nassar concludes.